Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

I don't usually make time to create cards.  With such limited scrappy time I have a tendency to stick to layouts.  I do enjoy creating them though.  So with 2 challenges I thought I'd give them a try.  At Memorable Seasons they are having a Throwdown Challenge throughout the summer.  I don't think I'll get to them all but wanted to try.  The first challenge was to create a card with this criteria:
Image

(1) I love a cute crinkle cut! Dust off that paper crimper! I want to see crinkles! If you don't have one, feel free to use fabulous corrugated paper! Or cardboard! Or accordion fold back and forth and make your own crinkles! I would even consider scrunched ribbon to be a little crinkly! ;)

(2) I love the cup of ketchup in the photo, so add a splash of bold COLOR!

(3) Potatoes are pale in color wrapped around a darker color outside color! Interpret that any way you wish!

Plus at Paper Secrets, there is this sketch challenge:
 
Here is what I came up with using Crate Paper Storyteller which is the stash I'm trying to slash at My Scraps and More:
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. great card! love the doily and how you did the banner! Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card! Love the banner and the twine! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete