Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Enjoy the Sunshine

It's my turn again over at 3 Scrappy Boys.  In case you don't remember, I am working with the July Add-On kit which consists of papers from #Summer by American Crafts and a cute one by Heidi Swapp. Here is what I created this week:

Isn't this the cutest photo of my niece?  I had fun playing with the hot pink, lime green and the hint of black!  The only thing I added not in the kit: the hot pink paper (it was so necessary for this), the white cardstock, the hot pink washi and the sequins.  Otherwise it's all from the kit.  

The main title was created with one of the script fonts from the Simple Stories DIY stickers and one of the transparency ephemera in the kit.  For the "enjoy", I found the green by itself got a little lost on my pink paper so I remembered a trick I used years ago (think pre-thickers days) where I learned if you are needing a vowel/letter that you've used all of them up, cut around the letter, with a little bit of white showing and use the negative of the letter/word.  So that's what I chose to do.  The transparency, again was a little lost so I stapled it to some white cardstock and fussy cut around the edge of the transparency. 

I was inspired by this sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy.  I turned it upside down due to the way my niece is facing in the photo.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you find some time to enjoy the sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment