Thursday, February 27, 2014

3 Scrappy Boys February Add On Kit & My Scraps Sketch #69

So today is my turn up on the blog over at 3 Scrappy Boys.  February Kits finally came in after multiple manufacturer problems.  Whew!  I got the chance to play with the February Add-On Kit.  Look how fun it is?!

February 2014 Add-on kit
And since I'm a fan of seeing all the embellishments I took a close up of just them:


Feb add on embellishmentsA few of my favs: the cute wood veneer hearts by Cosmo Cricut, the Basic Grey chalkboard labels, the gorgeous pearl flower trinkets by Maya Road,  Teresa Collins butterflies and all of the patterned paper (though I'm a huge pp junkie)! But honestly, this whole kit is so much fun!!  I'm anxious to play a little bit more with it before I move onto my March kit.

Here is the layout I created using the fun Jillibean Heart Healthy Red Bean Soup line:
Right away I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the little hearts and arrows with the holes in them.  I grabbed some embroidery floss and threaded them through the hearts and strung them together.  Then did the same with the arrow, only I threaded them so they look like a black stripe is down the middle.  I glued the ends of the floss to the back with mini glue dots. 
 
For this layout, I used a fabulous sketch from My Scraps & More Sketch Blog.  I loved this sketch with all the fun layering!  


 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure and check out the fun kits from 3SB as well as the fun sketches over at MS&M Sketch Blog.  Happy Scrapping!!

7 comments:

  1. super fun kit and love love your page esp the string with the hearts and arrows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute! I love the hearts and arrows! Thanks for playing along with My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! A very pretty page!! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at My Scraps and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute take on the sketch. Love the doily and all the little arrows. Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bold red background, wonderful page! Thanks for playing along with us at MS&M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the twine and hearts! Great page and great job on the My Scraps & More Sketch, so happy you played along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete