Monday, February 1, 2010

Old vs. New Challenge

This challenge is to get you to mix your old stash with your new one. I've created a list of what I consider to be old vs new. You know your stash better than I so use your judgement. Your challenge is to create a layout with at least 8 items off of this list - 4 being old and 4 being new. You can have more than that, but you must have an equal amount of old vs new. Any questions please ask. Here's your list:



1. Alphabets: OLD: Foam Stamps/Flat Stickers vs. NEW: Thickers/Die Cutting Machine lettering/ Chipboard alphas.

2. OLD: shaped punches/paper crimper vs. NEW: die cuts/dry embossing

3. OLD: deco scissors vs. NEW: Border punches

4. OLD: eyelets/snaps/conchos vs. NEW: brads/buttons/bling

5. OLD: fiber/twill vs. NEW: ribbon

6. Patterned Papers: OLD: 5 years or older vs. NEW: 1 year or newer

7. OLD: tags - jewelry/kraft/metal rimmed vs. NEW: journaling spots

8. OLD: silk flowers, stamped, die cuts vs. NEW: paper flowers or handmade flowers

9. OLD: Pen work for stitching effect vs. NEW: stitch with sewing machine or hand stitch/rubons

10. OLD: sticker vs. NEW:rub-on

11. OLD: flat cardstock vs. NEW: textured cardstock

12. Embellishments: OLD: metal(MM metal letters, plaques, charms,frames, book plates, hinges, buckles, slide frames, etc vs. NEW: deco brads, pre-made embellies, chipboard, tickets/coupons, etc.

13. OLD: Naked chipboard vs NEW: Pre-printed/colored chipboard



So here's mine for this challenge


I used :
OLD: deco scissors for borders
OLD: metal embellishments
OLD: twill
OLD: silk flowers
NEW: Patterned Papers
NEW: Thickers/die cut lettering
NEW: Cardstock
NEW: Brads
I also used this sketch from Let's Scrap:

I truly can't wait to see what you create! You have until the end of February to finish this to get your name into a drawing for a RAK from me. I'll post another challenge in 2 weeks!

7 comments:

  1. Sally, thiat is so much fun! I might be joining you on this one (considering all the old & new stuff I have, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I'd love to have you join in. I might even make a second layout with this challenge as I own sooo much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh....you saw my scraproom, Sally. So I am going to try to squeeze this challenge in before the end of this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. going to give this a try next week! denfinetly have LOTS of OLD stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All done - how/where do I upload my LO to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just post a link to you blog here or if you don't have a blog, email it to me at cranney@cableone.net and I'll put it up here for you. Sorry...this posting thing is new to me. Never thought about it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! The Mr Linky thing is awesome!!! Will do it asap!

    ReplyDelete