Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Memorable Seasons LSS and more

I finally found some time to scrap!  Yay!!  Memorable Seasons is starting their Last Scrapper Standing contest and I knew I had to give it a try.  I always seem to do some of my best work with this contest.  So the first challenge is to use hearts as the main focus of your layout.  At first I was a little bit concerned as I rarely use hearts - they just aren't my thing.  But after pondering on it for a few days, this idea came to me and I knew I had to give it a try.  I combined 3 ideas of using hearts

 
First I created my background by using the autofill button on my cricut and filling the whole page, then used the negative space and sewed it onto the white cardstock.  I then die cut a few patterned paper hearts, scored them down the middle and sewed with black to add some contrast.  My third way of using hearts was to take 5 of my die cut hearts in red, scored them down the middle and made a flower out of them.  I had a lot of fun creating this layout!  Thanks to Jean at MS for challenging me to use some hearts!  Plus I was able to use this layout at My Scraps and More as well as Colorful Creations for a challenge there. 
 
Also at Memorable Seasons, Wendy created a fun sketch for the first challenge this month:
 
And here is my take on it.  I also combined it with a For The Boys Challenge at Colorful Creations to used 3 photos, numbers, an office supply(I used staples), 3 pp's, a ticket and journaling.  Don't you just love the fun wood veneer chevron arrows I bought from Studio Calico?!  Love them!  Also at My Scraps and More there was a challenge to use an arrow. 

 
 
And here's another I did.  This was for a challenge at My Scraps to scraplift a layout of the person who posted before me on the post.  Plus I used challenge at MS to use a template. 
 
 
Thanks to my mom and sisters for a fun crop Saturday.  We had tons of fun and it was great to get my  mojo working again.  I missed creating!  Thursday I'll be back to share my take at Sketches in Thyme.  Until then...have a fabulous week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment