Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Memorable Seasons LSS Week 2

Well I was thrilled to see that I made it through to another week of Last Scrapper Standing at Memorable Seasons.  I love this contest as it makes me really think outside my box and create something new.  This week's challenge is to use embossing.  I chose to dry emboss as I have quite a few products for the dry embossing that I rarely use.  Here is my layout:

 
I took foil, glued it down to cardstock and ran it through my embossing folder, then punched out this banner and the strip at the top left of the layout.  I was really happy with the result!  It reminds me of a tin ceiling tile.  Then I used a Quikutz embossing folder that I've owned forever and never used to create my journaling block.  I also embossed the purple paper you see throughout the layout with swiss dots.  Plus I die cut/embossed the butterflies and even created a few stripes on the top left using my envelope maker by Martha Stewart.  I had tons of fun with this challenge.  Here are a few closeups:
 
 
Fingers crossed I'll move on for next week, though who knows...the competition is really tough.  I'd love for you to stop by and vote 2/22 and even play along in next week's challenge for a chance at the weekly drawing.  Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment