Friday, September 13, 2013

Back Porch Memories GDT Work

I've been meaning to post this for several days... where does the time go?  For those of you who may not know I was blessed to be a guest designer at Back Porch Memories this month.  BPM is a monthly kit club that offers 2 different kits a month - one called Solo where you get all one line and the other called Medley where she sends you bits and pieces of 3 different lines.  Medley is my favorite to get as it's a fun variety.  This month, I was sent a Solo kit and have to admit I had a great time playing with this line.  I love the colors in this line, especially the navy.  Here is the kit I received:

And here are the 3 layouts I created and 2 cards.  It really is a fun line and I fell in love the artisan chipboard arrows.  In one layout I covered one with pp and the other I spritzed and wiped off the ink with my paper towel and the grid design showed up.  Very fun!!
 
When I saw the cute side of the pp that had these fun conversation bubbles, I knew I wanted to fussy cut a few and thought I'd journal about my dd and her friend and how there's never a loss of words for them.  I pop dotted several of the bubbles and added buttons from the kit to others. 

 
I know I've posted this one before but thought I'd share it all together with the rest.  I love the blue floral pp in the kit!  Here I covered one arrow with the blue houndstooth paper and spritzed the pink one.  Love the grid that shows through.  So cut! 


 
This one I knew I wanted a softer feel.  This is a created using a sketch from BPM newsletter.  I took a few liberties with it and added more of the fun pink spritzed arrows.  I knew I wanted to use the letters but they spread out too much so I just layered them.  You can see the closeup of them below.
 
 
 
Here's a fun card with the premade journaling card.  I punched a simple butterfly, hand cut pieces of the chevron arrow and added the stamped Thinking of You

 
 
And here's one I created using scraps I had leftover.  I wanted to use that darling hello word bubble and thought it was perfect for a card. 
 
Well that's it.  I had a great time with this kit! It's full of fun prints and colors and I enjoyed playing with it.  Be sure and stop by and check out Back Porch Memories. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment