Thursday, October 10, 2013

Come Play Along with Me

I am thrilled to be able to share my first blog post and issue a challenge over at 3 Scrappy Boys!  I'm a huge challenge girl and love to create with a challenge in mind.  So I thought it would be fun to issue my first challenge to you. 

But before I do, I want to share with you some of my favorite technique and items I use when I scrap so you can get to know me a bit better.  Here are some of my favorites:

* Sketches - I {heart} sketches and commonly have a sketch in mind when I sit down to scrap.
* mist/paint splatters - I got addicted to these several months ago and use them on almost every layout
* Sewing.  I love my sewing machine and use it even more than I do the mist splatters.
* wood veneer - can't seem to get enough
* patterned papers...and I mean several on one layout.  I usually use at least 4 patterns/prints but sometimes even more
*  Banners and pennants. It's funny because when these first came out I resisted using them.  I just didn't "get" it.  Then I was challenged to use them and I got hooked.  Now I use them in some form or another on most layouts I create.  I'm also hooked on cutting the ends of my pp strips in a V notch similar to a pennant.  Let's just say I'm addicted.
* circles - I do enjoy having a circle or 2 or 3 on a layout.  I just love how it fills in the gap and seems to be perfect for my layout
* pearls - I know these aren't new.  In fact they are probably a bit dated but for some reason I love them
* distressed edges - I use my edge distresser all the time.  Definitely a favorite technique.  I just love the way it looks!
* flowers - And I have a ton of them.  But not the big fancy new flowers that are bulky. I guess I'm old fashioned and though I love the beauty of the newer flowers they take up way too much room in my scrapbooks.   I love the good 'ol prima flowers that can be layered.  Again, they might be a bit dated but I love pairing them my deco brads. 


So I've share 10 of my favorite scrappy items. Of course there is so much more I could add but I didn't want to overwhelm you. 

 Now I want to issue you a challenge:

Choose at least 5 of these items to incorporate on a layout.

I know it's card month but I want to see your layout.  You can use any papers, themes, designs, but you must incorporate at least 5 of my favorites.  Since I've used all 10 on a layout I'm sure you can use 5.

Here is my take on this using Fancy Pant's It's the Little Things. 



When I saw this photo this line came immediately to my mind.  And the good news: it's available and  a fabulous price over at 3ScrappyBoys.  Here is the link to the papers I used.

Here is the sketch I used from Paper Secrets. 
 
Now it's your turn.  I'm very excited to see what you come up with.  Be sure and add your layout to the 3scrappyboys gallery.  And then go to the blog or the post in the forum and let me know what 5 items you chose to use.  If you use a sketch, please share the original so we can see where you got your inspiration.  Layout is due October 30th.

Oh, and as an added incentive I am giving away a RAK of a few of my favorite things and it might even include a few more favorites.   I look forward seeing you over at 3 Scrappy Boys!
 Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I am LOVING this FP line with the sketch - fabulous job! The black with the subtle colors just really rocks!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and take on the sketch! Thank you for linking up at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete