Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Memory Nest with Basic Grey Persimmon

At The Memory Nest I got the chance to work with Basic Grey's Persimmon line.  Here is what I got to play with:
Persimmon Collection Pack Persimmon Mixed Brads

I thought this line was a ton of fun to play with! To be honest, I was unsure of this line until I got it in person.  I loved the shades they used for this line.  I loved the navy in it and add that fun metallic gold..so fun! The orange is a perfect shade for my photos! In the kit you get the papers as well as a full sheet of alphas and the fun element stickers.  You'll have plenty to create many, many layouts. I am excited to share more of what I created with it later this month but here is one layout I created for our October reveal using a sketch from My Scraps and More.  Be sure and check out all of the other amazing inspiration! 

 
I hand cut a bunch of the leaves and used my embosser to follow the stems of the leaves.  The strips at the bottom I just cut out and then added orange and gold mini brads(which are the only things I added not in my kit).  Then add some of the navy mist from the Memory Nest and my Heidi Swapp gold.  And look at these specials this month:
 
I have to say I'm loving my mist from Heidi Swapp so much I had to go and buy the other colors from Leslie.  Love the quality of them.  And that Navy mist I got from The Memory nest is my most used color lately.  It's a great shade of navy!  Ok.the rest of my layout:  I did cut the circle number to fit on my tag, added the fun gold star stickers, the Fall title and the cute sticker tags.  I'll say it again..I was pleasantly surprised with this kit!  I highly recommend it!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll share the rest of what I created with this line later this month. 
 Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love what you did with this paper collection. I look forward to hopefully creating some layouts with it - will use yours for inspiration. Love how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete