Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Memory Nest Basic Grey Persimmon

I'm excited to share with you what I've been working on with the Basic Grey Persimmon line I got to play with this month from The Memory Nest.  This line is a fun line!  I really enjoyed the navy and orange throughout the line and loved the mix of patterns in the paper pack.  I pretty much stuck to fall photos but know that with the remainder of my pack I'll be able to use them for everyday photos as the patterns aren't fall specific, which I love.  Here are the projects I created:

This first one was a lot of fun.  It was inspired by a sketch at My Scraps and More but it ended up a bit different.  I really wanted to use the stars but I had used them on a previous layout so I was bummed.  Then I remembered a technique I used to use when all the alpha stickers came in flat sheets and that was to cut around the part that's left over and the gently peel it off.  So that's how I got the stars to work on this layout.  I pretty much used everything on this from the kit and brads except my patch letters and the gold mist. 
Here's a closeup.  You'll see that I also used a label from the Heidi Swapp Color Magic Ephemera pack I got from The Memory Nest, which btw is amazing!  It's got tons of shapes!  The package is deceiving.  So I spritzed the label with gold and added the blue letters. 
 

 
This layout is of my ds and his friend on Halloween night last year.  The colors were perfect for this photo with that gold.  All products are from the kit except the mists.  But the navy mist is from The Memory Nest(and I LOVE it!).  The gold is Heidi Swapp. 

 
Then I had tons leftover and I made this card.  I loved that floral sticker and knew it would be cute on the center of a card.  I did emboss the orange paper in the kit to add some texture.  But that's it. 
 
And just to remind you, I did create this layout earlier in the month with this line as well. 
 
Be sure and stop by and visit The Memory Nest!  There are quite a few specials going on right now. Plus on the blog you'll find some fun challenges.  
Thanks for stopping by! 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment